Sunday 15 September 2013

Christmas QAL September Part 2

I thought I would start today with a bit of baking. We all need something sweet to keep us going when we're sewing. I made Chocolate Chip Cookies and  Raspberry Blondies. They were both very yummy.


I've been working on the Mug Bag as when I finished quilting the runner I couldn't decide what fabric to use as a binding. So that project is on hold for a while.


 I have just got the handle left to put on.  


 I'm happy with how it has turned out and will definitely  be making more of these as Christmas gifts.


Hope you've all had a productive weekend.

Melanie xxx


7 comments:

  1. Where do you find all these clever makes? You are such a talented lady, Melanie! I love how your projects are always very pretty but also very useful. Now I have to go bake something - the photo of your cakes has made me peckish... Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie,I do tend to trawl the internet quite alot, usually just before bed but sometimes I end up having rather a late night. Ooops xxx

      Delete
  2. Drooling over your choc chips and blondies! What do you mean 'they WERE very yummy' - surely you've not scoffed the lot already!! Mind you, I'd be tempted to do so ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't eat them all ;) I meant they were in the cake tin so I could't eat them. I did try both just in case they were horrible ;) Thanks for commenting xxx

      Delete
  3. What deliciousness you have going on over there. Between the cookies, blondies and that gorgeous mug bag, I don't know what I like the best. That bag is a great gift idea and so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea to have a lovely stint in the kitchen before getting into crafts, and the results look very tempting! I too wondered if you had 'scoffed the lot', as Hazel suggested!!!
    I love your mug bag and its fabric - what a great idea for gifts - you're a very clever girl Melanie, well done!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The raspberry blondies sound wonderful. Do you have a recipe for them?

    ReplyDelete