Wednesday 18 September 2013

Blondies and a Little Sewing

I hope everyone has had a good start to their week.

QuiltSue from Quilt Times asked if I had a recipe for my Blondies. Here it is :)

Raspberry and White Chocolate Blondies
4oz butter
7 oz white chocolate chunks
4 oz caster sugar
2 medium eggs
4 1/2 oz plain flour
4 oz raspberries

Pre-heat your oven to  190 C   Gas 5.

1.  Melt the butter, add half the chocolate and stir until smooth.
2.  Whisk the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until creamy and slightly thickened. Sieve the flour into the bowl and fold in gently with the chocolate mixture, adding half the remaining chocolate and half the raspberries.
3.  Pour your mixture into a lined and greased tin. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate and raspberries on top.
4.  Bake in your pre-heated oven for 35 to 45 minutes until golden.
5.  Leave to cool then cut into squares.

I have managed to get a little sewing done this week. 


I finished this cross stitch cushion  for my friends new niece Ivy. 

I love the design I was tempted to keep it but I didn't.

Melanie xxx

6 comments:

  1. Lovely little cushion Melanie and I'm sure it will be well received - such a nice touch to put her name on it.
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, those Blondies sound lovely, going to bookmark your recipe, thanks for sharing it :-)
    And I LOVE your little cushion too - lucky Ivy!
    Have a happy day,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love blondies in our house, so I'll definitely give your recipe a go - thanks! And the cushion is a treasure! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe. That's definitely on my "must try" list. They sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete