Tuesday 18 September 2012

Birthday Bunting

It was Lily's 9th Birthday yesterday and she asked me to make her a cake, she gave me an idea what she wanted and 'Phew' she was happy with the outcome.


I also made her some bunting with her name on it and cupcakes at each end. Instead of using tape I joined them using Guipure Lace Daisy trim and a button in the centre of the joining daisies. It was left over from when I made her moses basket when she was born. So it was quite sentimental for me.


I really like the finished result. Although I couldn't get a very good photo of it.


Hope you all have a productive week . xxxxxxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. The bunting is very nice! You can reuse it every year! I love how the lace looks and the button detail really makes a nice embellishment. I also really like how it is leftover from her baby days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JoAnne,
      Thanks for the lovely comment.
      Lily has decided that she wants to put it up in her bedroom so it has found a home already. :)

      Delete
  2. Loving your bunting Melanie! And the cake looks scrummy too.
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cake was really scrummy Victoria. Thanks for the lovely comment :)

      Delete
  3. Mmmm, that cake looks YUMMY (Chocolate cake is always my favourite and first choice!) and the bunting is so sweet. I love the lace ribbon, that's a great idea and just too pretty :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete