Friday 24 April 2015

Beautiful Bag Swap

This is my latest finish. 
It was for a Tote Bag Swap organised by the wonderful Lia from Lia's Handmades. I love doing this swap, as I don't make bags very often.
The pattern I used was a free one by Amy @ My 3 Monsters. It's different to any other bag I've made and I was quite reluctant to part with it, but I did :(  On the bright side my partner loved it so thats all good :) 
I was lucky enough to receive this wonderful bag from Rose Along with lots of other goodies she sent 2 alternative belts for around the middle. I haven't stopped using it since it arrived. I was truly spoiled. Thank you very much Rose.
I've also started to crochet a throw for the chair in my bedroom. I chose these fabulous summery colours from the WI range at Hobbycraft. It's not too big so it shouldn't take too long to finish. I'm not looking forward to weaving all the ends in, it's not my favourite job.
I had a visitor in my sewing room yesterday. This beautiful Peacock butterfly fluttered in and landed not far from my work. 
It's nice to see that summer is on it's way and the weather this week has been lovely. I'm not sure if it's going to last, but we can hope.

Have a lovely weekend!

Melanie xxx

5 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful bags. A real delight to see the butterfly I haven't seen any this season yet. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag with the belt on it. I have lots of bags....
    Love the area you live too.... Beautiful butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  3. A girl can never have enough bags. That was a lovely visitor and I hope for your that the sunny days are coming. You choose a nice summery colours for you throw, can't wait for the end result. Sunny greetings from New Orleans, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely butterfly picture. I do not have anything that delicate but our cat Toffy is streteched out on the floor snoring at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bags. I love to make them, they are often what I give as presents to friends as they can be reasonably quick to make and easy to personalise in their favourite colours. x

    ReplyDelete