Saturday 6 July 2013

FNWF

What a lovely sunny day it is today . I thought I would update you on the result of my Friday Night With Friends.  
It was so hot last night I decided I would have a lovely long glass of Cider as I was sewing to cool me down.
I managed to get a couple of things done.


A thimble pip that will be going into my gift box.


I also made these three blocks. I'm using them for a runner for my blanket chest. I'm hoping to finish it at some point this week.


I love the crisp clean look of the block. I'm not sure what colour to use for the borders any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

I hope everyone who joined in had a productive evening. 

Melanie xxx

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blocks, you certainly have been very productive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blocks, classic blue and white one of my favorite combinations.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty blocks! You are right, they are fresh and crisp. You know me: I would border with red, but there are many other choices, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Friday night sewing is beautiful, the table runner will be lovely, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your blocks, Mel - how about navy for the border? It looks so crisp & fresh in the blues. Looking forward to seeing it all done. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melanie I'm popping over from the FNWF linky - wow I love these blocks, beautifully sewn & will make a lovely runner. Good luck with the borders issue...!
    Anthea

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also from the FNWF link - love the blue & white - me - very conservative - Id go for the dark blue...

    ReplyDelete
  8. great progress Melanie....love the runner progress!
    sugary hugs
    wendy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your block looks fabulous, I just love it. I have trouble picking bindings too ....um maybe blue in a shade between what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had your heat...brrr it's cold here at night! Great projects so thanks for your company at FNWF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sewing Melanie, its freezing here today, it was -3 degrees when I went for a walk this morning the frost was so thick it looked like snow, Your parcel is in the post.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blocks are lovely, such beautiful sewing.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely blocks, Melanie - I another vote for blue borders - keep it simple.

    Hope to see you at the Christmas QAL at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete